Although, as a landlord, your rental property may just be seen as an income, it is also likely to be one of your biggest assets and it is important that suitable tenants are found. Likewise if you are a prospective tenant, you need to feel happy and secure in your new home.
At Barker Healey Property, every care is taken to match the correct applicants with the correct properties – ensuring a smooth moving in period and an amicable tenancy throughout.
Our aim is to protect the interests of both landlord and tenant alike and in order to do so, we always carry out the following prior to a tenant moving in: –
- Identification and Credit Check on any prospective tenants;
- Full referencing from an employer, previous landlord (if applicable) and personal contact;
- A thorough inventory and set of photographs documenting the condition of the property prior to occupation.
- Collection of a rental deposit.
- The setting up of a standing order form for future rental payments.
- The completion of Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and Deed of Guarantee (if required)
SET UP FEES:
Our set up fee is taken from the first month’s rent once the property is let. The fee is dependent on the level of service required and type of property. The maximum fee will be 85% of the monthly rental income. For example an agreed rent at £550 per calendar month would incur a fee of £467.50 inclusive of VAT.
If you choose Barker Healey Property to manage the property, the monthly management fee will be a maximum of £60 per month inclusive of VAT.
We DO NOT charge anything additional for the ingoing inspection or registration of the deposit with the DPS.
With Harper Adams University being a stone’s throw from Newport, there is a high demand for student accommodation in and around the town. We offer properties for let to students, and also are more than happy to give advice on potentially suitable properties to purchase, should you be thinking about investing in a buy-to-let house to rent out to students.
If you are a LANDLORD who has a property to rent out to students, we are pleased to offer a full Student Finder’s Service, together with a FULLY MANAGED package for just £299 plus VAT per academic term. Payable from the rent at the beginning of each term, we will carry out the following, in addition to all the usual services as listed on our Property Management Service page
- Lettings to be advertised by weekly rental rate for whole property.
- Deposit to be registered upon commencement of the Tenancy – £250 per student.
- Full names, addresses and telephone numbers to be obtained for each student.
- Desired start and end dates of tenancy to be obtained.
- One tenancy agreement for all students to be joint and several.
- Guarantors obtained for each Student.
- Rent collected termly, in advance.
- Full ingoing inspection to be carried out by Barker Healey Property prior to commencement of the tenancy.